CIS compliance: IT security based
on industry best practices
With the rise of security threats, increased regulation and compliance issues, the CIS benchmarks have become a cornerstone for good system security. Many organizations rely on the Center for Internet Security (CIS) benchmarks for ensuring reliable security controls within the data center.
Tripwire makes continuous compliance with CIS benchmarks easy and straightforward, providing up-front assessment and ongoing analysis to ensure your configurations remain in conformance with best practices.
Tripwire’s comprehensive solution:
- Covers a variety of data center components with 27 of the CIS benchmarks included in its default configuration.
- Tests configuration compliance against a benchmark, framework or regulation based on a schedule or near real-time to detect out-of-compliance configurations.
- Arranges configuration tests (such as benchmark settings) into policies and provides the ability to create customized policies.
- Imports pre-defined configuration policies.
- Reports on compliance with configuration policies, as well as provides automated remediation that helps bring non-compliant systems into compliance.
Tripwire Enterprise Product Brief
Tripwire is a Category 1 Member of the Center for Internet Security. Because our products meet the configuration prescription of the benchmarks, we have been awarded CIS Security Software Certification. Tripwire customers receive the additional benefit of our free CIS policies, which have been examined by CIS and found to meet the requirements of the CIS benchmark program. CIS-certified Tripwire products are listed on the CIS website at: https://benchmarks.cisecurity.org/en-us/?route=membership.roster.