NIST 800-53 Compliance
Tripwire’s Solution for Continuous Monitoring and Risk
Management of Federal Information Systems
Tripwire delivers continuous and automated monitoring of NIST 800-53 security controls to help government agencies identify and prioritize assets, identify risk threshold, determine monitoring frequency and report to authorizing officials.
NIST SP 800-53 provides guidelines on security controls required for federal information systems. NIST SP 800-37 was released to help promote near real-time risk management through continuous monitoring of the controls defined in NIST 800-53. NIST 800-137 provides additional guidance regarding enterprise-wide reporting and monitoring using automation.
Achieving FISMA Compliance White Paper
Tripwire’s solution for NIST 800-53/FISMA compliance:
- Implements security controls and assesses configurations against NIST 800-53 policy requirements.
- Provides automated remediation or remediation guidance of misconfigurations across heterogeneous IT infrastructure.
- Continuously monitors IT configurations and detects high-risk changes with prioritized, actionable real-time alerts.
- Demonstrates—through real-time dashboards and automated reports—current, historical and trending compliance.
- Extracts actionable information from servers, networks and systems to provide forensic analysis and on-demand, auditable proof.